Back to the Blog... | Post Feedback | Author Bio | Printer-Friendly
This past week has been draining. I've been sick and I haven't regained the pep in my step. The usually genial and fun-loving boy is listless too.
Personally, we need change. And since it's a top-down process that's been eight years in the making, we're ready for a hurricane to blow through tomorrow when the country gets to decide who will led us for the next four years.
When we go to the polls we're hoping to be swept up by the radical winds of change. I am tired of the sense of hopeless that seems to find its way into every conversation about the state of this country. We are a great people and we are nation of diverse peoples and cultures, yet we are behaving as though we are whipped pups. Every finger is pointing in blame, but too few people are looking at their own accountability.
Every action or inaction, however small, makes a difference. Go vote. Take action. There is hope.
Posted on November 03, 2008 - by
Reader Feedback -
Be the first to kick-start this discussion...
Join the discussion... To register, please click here
About the Author: Mary MacRae Warren (aka Mrs. Cleavage) is a single mother who lives with her delightful young boy child in a cluttered apartment in Crown Heights. She is saucy, opinionated, creative, and a smarty-pants - not necessarily in that order. This is her story, live and unedited from Brooklyn. Check out her other thoughts at Eat. Drink. Memory.
- When School's No Fun Any More
- Which Wolf Do You Feed?
- Santa-baby, I've been good
- Homework Wars
- Not Tonight Honey, I've Got Homework
- Hurricane Winds
- The Big Lie
- Celebrate Good Times, Come On and Celebrate!
- Rare Courage
- Playground Politics: Invisible Bullies
- Wario: He's So Bad He's Good
- I Love Me a Virtual Mannequin
- The Irresistible Romance of Travel
- The Irresistable Romance of Travel
- Time to Trick or Treat for UNICEF
- Above and Beyond
- Vacation, All I Ever Wanted. Mom-Cation, All I Ever Needed
- You Gotta Play to Win!
- Looking for a Few Good Moms
- Wakey-Wakey! It's 4 a.m.
- Guilty Pleasures
- Solving the Mystery of What to Do
- Party Time!
- The Big Draw
- Dreaming Big
- The Anti-Mall
- He's So Nonchalant
- What If Something Bad Happens?
- All Work and No Play Make Jill Dull, Dull, Dull
- Camp Crisis
- I Scream Free Ice Cream
- Laloo's-A-Palooza: The Great Goat's Milk Ice Cream Give-Away!
- Getting There is Half the Fun
- It's Me, Azar
- Sleep-Away Camp
- Mom Smackdown
- Boom Blox Beats Jenga Any Day
- Getting Bloggy & Maybe Getting Lucky
- I Gotta Be Me, Not My Mom
- Lip Gloss Does Not Count
- Too Many Flowers, Shortage of Gardeners
- Thinking Outside The Milk Carton
- Getting Lucky
- Grateful My Wii Fit Age Isn't In Triple Digits
- Need More REM? Sleep, That Is
- Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
- Actual-Factual, It Ain't But It Sure Is Fun
- Vacation in the Kitchen