Back to the Blog... | Post Feedback | Author Bio | Printer-Friendly
Lately I've been feeling lucky -- and getting lucky, too.
Not the way you might surmise. Get your minds out of the gutter, people. Not that that's a bad thing. It's just off topic.
The stars just keep on lining up. Meanwhile, I've been worrying about this and
worrying about that because that's what I do -- even when I don't want to be
such a nudge.
The latest exciting thing to happen is that I won a cheese
cookbook in a giveaway. Okay, I know you're
thinking, cheesy or how many ways can there be to prepare cheese and crackers.
And it's not exactly a million dollars. But, figure the odds of ever winning anything
in a random contest. Astronomical, yet some lucky people do indeed win.
I also see it as a sign -- something along the lines of this:
You get what you ask for. Sometimes we ask for things that aren't good
for us -- bad relationships, jobs, no parking spaces -- with negative thinking. And we stay with them for all the wrong reasons too.
Please note: I'm not
blaming the victim, I'm saying that what we focus on often comes true. If all my energy is aimed on the problems I
have rather than solutions, I'm pretty sure there won't be much time to find
solutions or even implement them.
There's nothing new to the glass half full theory. It's whether we see it half full or half
Posted on May 28, 2008 - by
Reader Feedback -
Be the first to kick-start this discussion...
Join the discussion... To register, please click here
About the Author: Mary MacRae Warren (aka Mrs. Cleavage) is a single mother who lives with her delightful young boy child in a cluttered apartment in Crown Heights. She is saucy, opinionated, creative, and a smarty-pants - not necessarily in that order. This is her story, live and unedited from Brooklyn. Check out her other thoughts at Eat. Drink. Memory.
- When School's No Fun Any More
- Which Wolf Do You Feed?
- Santa-baby, I've been good
- Homework Wars
- Not Tonight Honey, I've Got Homework
- Hurricane Winds
- The Big Lie
- Celebrate Good Times, Come On and Celebrate!
- Rare Courage
- Playground Politics: Invisible Bullies
- Wario: He's So Bad He's Good
- I Love Me a Virtual Mannequin
- The Irresistible Romance of Travel
- The Irresistable Romance of Travel
- Time to Trick or Treat for UNICEF
- Above and Beyond
- Vacation, All I Ever Wanted. Mom-Cation, All I Ever Needed
- You Gotta Play to Win!
- Looking for a Few Good Moms
- Wakey-Wakey! It's 4 a.m.
- Guilty Pleasures
- Solving the Mystery of What to Do
- Party Time!
- The Big Draw
- Dreaming Big
- The Anti-Mall
- He's So Nonchalant
- What If Something Bad Happens?
- All Work and No Play Make Jill Dull, Dull, Dull
- Camp Crisis
- I Scream Free Ice Cream
- Laloo's-A-Palooza: The Great Goat's Milk Ice Cream Give-Away!
- Getting There is Half the Fun
- It's Me, Azar
- Sleep-Away Camp
- Mom Smackdown
- Boom Blox Beats Jenga Any Day
- Getting Bloggy & Maybe Getting Lucky
- I Gotta Be Me, Not My Mom
- Lip Gloss Does Not Count
- Too Many Flowers, Shortage of Gardeners
- Thinking Outside The Milk Carton
- Getting Lucky
- Grateful My Wii Fit Age Isn't In Triple Digits
- Need More REM? Sleep, That Is
- Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
- Actual-Factual, It Ain't But It Sure Is Fun
- Vacation in the Kitchen